This morning Mikaela went to her school drawer. This drawer is in essence a junk drawer with no organization and packed full of all kinds of stuff. The only common denominator is that everything in it has to do with school. It contains progress reports, calendars, artwork, etc...
This morning she started pulling all of her artwork from the drawer and running into the bathroom, where I was dressing, saying "look at this Mommy, it's beautiful."
I thought to myself, what a shame that I have not organized the art that she loves so much and is so proud of.
So, I have done something that I never thought I'd do (again). I made a scrapbook of her first year of school complete with all her art projects, daily progress reports (yes, I kept them all), curriculum for the year, and misc other information that was given to me that I thought she would appreciate looking at when she was older and wondering about the years she cannot remember.
It was a nice journey through a year that has gone by so quickly. We're so proud of Mikaela. She's a delightful little girl: sweet, sassy, smart, and silly. Life would be so dull without her.
No comments:
Post a Comment