Saturday, June 18, 2011

Astronomer

When I was a little girl my dad used to take me outside to look at the night sky. As I get older I remember less and less about my childhood, which is sad because it was cool and filled with all kinds of adventures, but these nights with my dad still stand out in my mind.

On our trip to VA there were a few things that my dad did that reminded me of spending time with him when I was a little girl. While he didn't pull out the telescope because Mikaela's just a bit too young still, he did take her out on the deck two nights to look at the bright, big, beautiful moon with binoculars.

I didn't get the greatest pictures of this particular moment, but I have to share because they bring back a great memory of my dad spending quality time with me as a child.



I can't wait till he takes her out to see Mars and Venus. Thanks Dad, you're the greatest.

No comments:

Post a Comment