Friday, January 13, 2012

What's this?

Graeme started walking on Christmas Day. Despite his 30 lbs he's a pretty steady on his feet and is now a mover and a shaker. He wakes up in the morning and starts walking- everywhere from one room to the next.

It's been nice for me (and my back) because I no longer have to carry him as much and it's nice for him because he's more independent and can explore. His exploration typically involves emptying the kitchen cabinets and the minifridge in the master bedroom. He also likes to empty all the toy bins. So, our house is usually very messy.

Graeme does still like to be held however, he doesn't want you to sit with him. He wants you to walk while he points at things and ask (yes, he uses these words although jumbled- What's this?

I'm in trouble if my one year old son is asking questions in sentence form already.

This post was prompted by him coming to me this morning with a bucket of form letters asking to have it opened. He didn't use words for that one, but it was very clear what he wanted which amazed me.

I'm sure Mikaela was just as communicative at this age, but I don't remember. Plus, he's a boy so after all I've heard and read about boys lagging behind girls in the communication area I was expecting him to be too busy being a boy to talk to me.

He does seem to be a little more social than Mikaela was so maybe our boy is going to the Mr. Social Butterfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment