I have lots of photos of Mikaela and books. Nana reading books with her, daddy reading books with her, books in her mouth. I remember reading her poems. I love to read. I want my children to have a love of reading.
I think I overdid the reading with Mikaela. She's too busy now to sit and read a book unless it's at bed time, but at least she still wants to do that.
Graeme on the other hand is starting to love books. Not long ago I was worried that he would never sit and read with us. Surprisingly, he will now go get a book, or even multiple books, and ask with words, for us to read to him. If we are sitting on the floor, he will put his back to us, and slowly back up until he plops into our laps.
Gotta run, I heard the bathroom room door open!
No comments:
Post a Comment