Sunday, October 7, 2012

Put it away

Dave and I just had a giggle about sweet little boy. He's an avid reader or rather would like to be one. Graeme runs to the bookcase picks one of his favorites, today it was "The Very Hungry Catepillar," and whines because he refuses to speak so that we will read it to him. Tonight we were lucky and he said "help, help" which in Graeme speak means "Please read this to me." So, I took a minute to sit down on the kitchen floor, he backed up and plopped in my lap and we read about the catepillar that becomes a very beautiful butterfly. Side note- this book will always be meaninful to me because of how much Graeme loves it and because when I see the butterly illustration at the end it reminds me of Mikaela and what a colorful child she is. Now, for the fun part... once done with the book we always ask Graeme to put the book back. Why is this fun you ask... because he always puts it in the kitchen sink. Some days when I've read 5 books and am being summoned by another little child for attention I don't notice where he goes. It puts a smile on my face when I go to load the dishwasher or more typically add a dish to the sink and I find a book. Sweet boy you melt our hearts. How lucky are we?!

1 comment: