Friday, September 14, 2012

Endless summer

I thought the summer would go on on before it started but alas I'm sitting here in a quiet house, while Graeme naps and Mikaela plays with a friend from school, thinking about where it went. We had a busy summer full of travel and outings with friends. Here's a photo recap- Graeme trying out his artistic skills:
Wrestlemania: (we warned Emme that her brother was gonna be bigger than her!)
After the match:
One of the trips we took as to So. Cal. We spent a few days in LA visiting Grandma Ginny and checking out some sites before heading to North County San Diego to see friends and play at parks. Ching Ching- playing w the antique cash register (I did this as a little girl too)
New Museum in Santa Monica. Guess who loved it the most?
The driver of this forklift was nice enough to let Graeme pretend to drive. He loved the planes, but I think this may have been the highlight of his day!
I'm still waiting for Converse to call an offer him an ad contract to help pay for college:
San Diego Zoo Safari Park:
Visiting with Aunt Mona
Legoland- our friends the Beckers live a stone's throw away from this park. Meg and Rhys met us there one morning. We also spent time playing at their house. Always to great to see them.
I don't have pics of our short time with Patricia and Jade or the other friends we saw at the great bbq that was hosted in the Campbell's honor, but we had fun. 3 days is too short to visit with all our loved ones in the area and we hope that we can make the trip again soon. Although I have to say that 6 hours on a plane with two young children and a 3 hour time change with already early risers is a bit discouraging. We made a rather last minute decision to take a week long trip to Minnesota to visit family. Mikaela had been asking to go again since she had so much fun last year. She loved her time in the land of lakes again and I'll be surprised if she doesn't beg to return next summer. Highlights from the trip included: Nickelodeon Land at the Mall of America Playing with cousins, Katherine and Rebekah, particulary the game "Hide the Dog." Visting Uncle Wally's Farm (he has tractors, motorcycles and golf carts to play with)
and of course spending quality time with Great Grandma Roberta. She does such a wonderful job of thinking of fun things to do to entertain the kids. We love spending time in her yard and garden, at the playgrounds nearby, and walking around the lake. The end of the summer was celebrated with some time at Bethany Beach. Dave and I were really able to relax after our first year in Baltimore and take note of how wonderful it is to be near family.
Little Miss Seaweed

1 comment:

  1. Love all your summer pictures!! We are definitley going to have to hit Legoland!! The last family picture is so beautiful!! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete