This week is off to a good start. Kiddos slept past 6AM and we had a fun play date with a friend of Mikaela's from school. Both napping now- NICE!
While I get ready for the day Mikaela likes to play in my closet. When she was really little we didn't have a dresser in the closet and our clothes were just folded nicely on a built in shelf. When Mikaela started pulling everything off the shelves we brought in the dresser, then when she started taking everything out of the drawers I started hanging everything up.
Now most of my clothes are hung up. Pants and loungewear on the bottom rack since she has no interest in those things. Shirt, tanks, and dresses on the top rack. Those are the items that Mikaela can't keep her hands away from.
These past two days she's figured out she can reach while standing on her tiptoes and pull the very bottom of my tops. She loves to put my tops on as dresses and parade around the house in them sometimes adding shoes.
This habit was very cute at first, but now it's one of the more annoying things she does because I never know what's clean and dirty seeing as she takes stuff from the laundry basket as well. There are always clothes all over the house
And now she streching out my shirts. Just another reason for me to keep wearing the same old stuff, I guess.
There's another top rack in the house that Mikaela has recently developed an obsession over and that's boobs. We have a lot of friends that have recently had babies and so Mikaela's been very exposed to breastfeeding, starting of course with me when Graeme was born, so this is only natural.
Despite that it's shocking sometimes to hear such a little person talking about such things. This morning I was really caught off guard when I found her parading around the house in one of my nightgowns- Patricia, it was the green, frog one from you- and she suddenly stuffed her baby Ariel down and it and , "she's sucking on my little boobies."
Oh my, I think I could use a rack of ribs and some beers.
Oh no! That's funny! At least she's a girl. Noah is bound to get more curious about the whole thing.
ReplyDelete